The Golf Foundation is a Registered Charitable Society formed in 2000 by likeminded golfers who wanted to give back to the game by helping a pool of talented, underprivileged golfers in India. The Foundation firmly believes that India is capable of producing world champions if deserving talent from the weaker sections of society is supported. It wants to create a global golf footprint with these junior golfers since it believes they are highly motivated, hardworking, dedicated and above all, have the fire in their belly to excel at the national and international levels. In addition to numerous international events, the fact that golf has been included in the Olympics hugely widens the opportunities for our golfers.
To identify and assist underprivileged and talented golfers with the objective of producing future global golf champions.
- To identify and promote talented golfers – both boys and girls – from underprivileged sections of society
- To sponsor or arrange sponsorship of these promising young players to enable them to participate in domestic and international golf tournaments
- To ensure that all who are selected and inducted into the Golf Foundation develop well-rounded personalities, along with special emphasis on golf
- To ensure that the Golf Foundation’s activities benefit the society at large, and to always attempt to give back to the game and beneficiaries in all ways possible
Providing our young golfers with:
- State-of-the-art golf equipment, including golf sets, balls, gloves and shoes
- Specialised coaching from expert National Golf Academy of India (NGAI) certified coaches. Our Head Coach is Amandeep Johl, a former National Amateur Champion and top Professional on the Indian and European Tours. Amandeep is also a Board Member and is a TPI Level 2 Certified Coach
- Financial assistance to play various golf tournaments, both in India and abroad.
- Monthly stipend to address daily needs
- Job placements for more financial stability. A number of our beneficiaries have been selected to work in public sector companies due to their golfing skills
- The means to maintain a healthy physical-mental balance. Yoga, physical education and adequate nutrition are part of these
- Opportunities to showcase their talent through participation in Pro-Am events
- The chance to participate in various events – fund raising and otherwise – hosted by the Golf Foundation